ISO 22000 Consultants in Bangalore – Karnataka
The Consulting team of Inzinc has trained and qualified ISO 22000 Consultants in Bangalore, Karnataka who ensure the planning, documentation, implementation, maintenance and continual improvement of Food Safety Management System (FSMS) as per the clauses laid out by the ISO 22000:2018 Standard.
We guide our Customers in every step to comply with the ISO 22000 Standard requirements. We help develop an ISO 22000 Food Safety Management framework upon which Organizations can carry out continual improvements.
About ISO and the ISO 22000 Standard
ISO stands for the International Organization for Standardization. ISO has its Headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland. ISO is an independent and Non-governmental Organization that publishes International Standards on various fields both technical and management. One such standard is the ISO 22000 Food Safety Management System standard. The latest version of the standard is the ISO 22000:2018 Version. The standard was published in June 2018. And, this version has replaced the ISO 22000:2005 which was the first edition.
What is Food Safety ? Why is it important ?
Food Safety Definition: Food Safety is a discipline that deals with the preparation, storage and handling of food to assure the consumer that there are no substances in the food that causes food-borne illnesses. Food safety can be applied through the food chain from farm to fork.
Why Food Safety? World is a place for many different cuisines from various places. While we all crave for tasty food, we also expect that the food is safe to consume. Eating unsafe food can have undesired effects from ill-health to fatality. So, Organizations in the food chain need to prepare food that is safe to consume. To ensure this, they need to follow the best food safety and hygiene practices and manage the system properly. The ISO 22000 standard with its family of standards provide the best food safety and hygiene practices to ensure food is free from harmful substances. With the ISO 22000 standard, Organizations have to therefore establish, implement, maintain and improve a Food Safety Management System.
Definition of a Food Safety Management System
Food Safety management system (FSMS) is a part of an Organization’s Management system that uses inter-related elements to ensure Food is safe for humans at the time of consumption. These inter-related food safety elements include:
- Programs, procedures, processes and practices
- Roles, responsibilities & authorities
- Documents, records and
ISO 22000 Clauses
Below are the 10 management clauses in the ISO 22000:2018 Food Safety Management System standard:
- Normative references
- Terms and definitions
- Context of the organization
- Performance evaluation
ISO 22000 Benefits
Organizations can obtain the following benefits by implementing the ISO 22000 standard:
- FSMS practices ensure the control of food related hazards. This is, to make food safe for human consumption
- The system aims to eliminate food borne diseases
- The reputation of the Organization is enhanced
- Boosts the trust and confidence of the Consumers due to the hazard controls implemented by the Organization
- Organizations can qualify as a global food supplier with FSMS in place
- Reduced cost of producing unsafe food
ISO 22000 Family of Standards
- ISO 22000 – Food safety management systems – Requirements for any organization in the food chain. This is the standard that is used by auditors to audit.
- ISO/TS 22002
- Part 1: Prerequisites for Food manufacturing
- Part 2: Specific prerequisites for catering
- Part 3 : Specific prerequisites for farming
- ISO/TS 22002 – Part 4: Specific prerequisites for food packaging manufacturing
- ISO TS 22003 – Food safety management systems for bodies who provide audit and certification of food safety management systems.
- ISO/TS 22004 – Food safety management systems – Guidance on the application of ISO 22000
- ISO 22005 – Traceability in the feed and food chain – General principles and basic requirements for system design and implementation.
- ISO 22006 – Quality management systems – Guidance on the application of ISO 9002:2000 for crop production.
ISO 22000 Consulting Scope
The scope of ISO 22000 Consulting covers the following:
- implementation guidance,
- conducting audits or help conduct audits and
- guidance on conducting Management Review Meetings (by our Client’s Top Management).
Our ISO 22000 Consultants in Bangalore, Karnataka also help in resolving the Non-conformities. We subsequently assist in taking the necessary Corrections and Corrective actions.
If you require ISO 22000 Consulting, write to us at [email protected] and [email protected]